Bosonnet, Danielle (2011) Technical Report: Funky Fitness. Undergraduate thesis, Dublin, National College of Ireland.
PDF (Bachelor of Science)
Download (425kB) | Preview
The main objective of this project is to provide an online website which was developed for a personal trainer Carol. It enables the user to use the website to track their fitness online. To begin using the website the user will need to sign up and become a member to avail of the full range of services on offer. Each user will have their own profile page and they can follow (similar to Twitter) other users of my application. The website was built using Ruby on Rails 3 running on Ubuntu Operating system.
The website offers the following features:
• Online fitness programme designed by a personal trainer based on the users age.
• A section on nutritional information, sample menu’s for breakfast, lunch , dinner and snacks
• An interactive diagram of the muscles in the body and an explanation of how to exercise each body part correctly
• BMI(Body Mass Index) and BMR(Basal Metabolic Rate) calculators
• Availability to link progress to social network sites – Twitter and Facebook
• Videos of different exercises that do not require equipment
• A feedback survey
Actions (login required)