Mulvaney, Jamie (2016) Technical Report: Twin Darkness. Undergraduate thesis, Dublin, National College of Ireland.
PDF (Bachelor of Science)
Download (11MB) | Preview
Twin Darkness, uses Unreal Engine 4, voted #1 best game engine of 2015 to deliver outstanding graphics and performance.
Built from the ground to use Oculus Rift so the player will be fully immersed in this shadowy episodic thriller.
Twin Darkness is a fully dynamic engaging environment, loaded with key features:
- Advanced A.I: developed and implemented decision trees with advanced audio and sight detection branches ensuring realistic responses.
- Dynamic Options Menu: ensuring the game can meet the system for the best performance and graphical output.
- Fully engaged 3D environmental assets.
- Integrated Virtual reality: ensuring a perfect immersed gameplay experience for the player.
- Uniquely designed and developed main character, with advanced passive and active ability options ensuring the player is engaged.
- Gameplay/Story designed around the concept of episodic storytelling.
You the player will take the role of Gemini, a young women with a past that is hidden to everyone including herself. As Gemini, you awaken within a facility called Equinox controlled by someone or something truly dark. From there you must uncover the truth, survive what’s been done to you and most importantly escape
“Twin Darkness is a game built both for the present and future of the industry and for a genre that needs an injection of new life”
|Item Type:||Thesis (Undergraduate)|
|Subjects:||Q Science > QA Mathematics > Computer software
T Technology > T Technology (General) > Information Technology > Computer software
G Geography. Anthropology. Recreation > GV Recreation Leisure > Games and Amusements > Computer Games. Video Games.
|Divisions:||School of Computing > Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computing|
|Depositing User:||CAOIMHE NI MHAICIN|
|Date Deposited:||16 Nov 2016 11:50|
|Last Modified:||16 Nov 2016 11:50|
Actions (login required)